Sunday, August 8, 2010

Go to the Mattresses.

I went to the lake yesterday.
It was pretty legit, I won't lie.
But OH DANG. Some kind of Satan-Voldemort hybrid mosquito has ripped me to shreds.
I've seriously never had bites this bad. They're about four inches in diameter, mega swollen, and they hurt like no ones business. Well, my business I guess. But still.
I'm slightly worried because where the actual bite is, it's black.
Uhhhhh.

In other news..

MY SISTER IS HOME. It's ok I guess...
She's hilarious. Brilliant. Strong. Gorgeous. Silly. And most importantly, mine.
I can't wait for the next few months. Excellent things in store. That's for sure.

Life's been slightly irritating lately.
Making decisions is the worst. I'm quickly realizing that it's key in character growth, and spiritual exercise. The whole good, better, and best thing. It forces us to see what's most important. It forces us to move forward with faith in spite of any fears we may or may not have.
It's scary though, huh?
I second guess everything. I analyze everything.
I have these goals and dreams, but the little steps and tasks KILL me in the process.
I've had a lot of friends over the years, and I've seen how the smallest decision can aid, or thwart their once-set plans. It's shocking how a misplaced nail can make the entire house crumble.
So for now, I'll try to be patient with my stupid, immature, dweeb of a mind.
Hopefully you can be too.

I did my nails for the first time in...I don't know. Forever? I feel mega-girly. They're red. It's weird.

Summer's about to go into hibernation. I'm not happy, Bob.
However, the idea of seeing all my people again is insanely exciting. There's something about fall that I think resonates with everyone.
The scenery is fresh, new beginnings are under-way, and let's not forget bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils.
It's boss.

The other day I helped little Jackson Wilde with his spelling words.
It was the highlight of my week.
I swear, I'm going to have a bagillion kids. I can't get enough of them. They say some seriously funny things. And I can't help but smile when I hangout with them.
Obviously, there are moments when I'm around a heinous toddler who's screaming at an inhumane decibel, where I think "OH. NEVER. NEVEERRRR."
But then I see them reach up and grab hold of their mothers' elbow as if it's the only thing that they want, and my mind changes to "That's the only thing I want."
I think it'll all work out.

That's about it.
Football's starting up soon. Happy.
Amazing things are at my fingertips. Anxious.
I'm proving myself to myself these days. Intimidating.
Just working hard isn't enough anymore. Game on.

This little lambs' becoming a lion :)

CTR lovers.

-h

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh hannaaahhhhhhh

    EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeEEEeeEEeeEEEe
    eEEeeEEeeEeeEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeee

    mmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm enjoying all of the you've got mail references.
    ps youve gotten really deep since i left you. when i come back i will change that.

    ReplyDelete